Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Review: Canon Gadget Bag 10EG




Canon Deluxe Gadget Bag 10EG

I have been using this bag a lot lately. I can store one body, and 2-3 lenses in it. I know the literature states 2 SLR bodies and 5-8 lenses so they must be referring to the Rebel or 40D and 50mm or similar sized lenses. I typically carry the 5D with battery grip or 1D Mark II, 24-105mm f4.0 IS, 17-40mm and either the 100mm macro or 135mm F2.0. I can carry a larger lens such as the 70-200mm f2.8 and the 24-70 f2.8 but it the 70-200 can't be on the camera and it makes things a bit awkward. With three lenses typically I can't fit the camera in the bag with a lens on the body. I can put a Canon 580EX flash in the front pouch, a bunch of batteries and memory cards in one side pouch, and filters and other things in the other side pouch.

The exterior material is a nice high quality water repellent nylon and the interior is fully padded with a few Velcro dividers to arrange your equipment how you like. The shoulder strap is comfortable for a quite a long time. I don't personally have any need for the tripod holder since I'd prefer to just carry it in one hand but for some this might be a nice feature. I find the built-in waist belt not useful and it cannot be removed but at least there is a place to tuck the strap in out of the way.

Overall I say this bag is excellent value. I found it for $53.95 at Amazon which is lower than many of the other online stores I use.

No comments: