Monday, May 18, 2009

Field Guide 101: Landscapes


Mono Lake, California

Copyright © 2009 Chris Bensen. All rights reserved.



One of the most common questions I get and see around the internet is, "what's the most desirable focal length for landscape photography?" If I'm at a show I point out some of my photographs and the focal length that I used showing them that I use all focal lengths and that I tend to use the extremes. I want to get a new perspective to the scene giving the viewer something unique to look at. This does two things, it sets my photography apart from other photographers and it might just give someone a reason to look at my pictures.

Just remember to emphasize what is important about the landscape.


The photo above is stitched from 12 photos at 35mm taken from a very interesting vantage point of Mono Lake in the late fall.

No comments: