Thursday, October 18, 2007

New 30-inch Monitor



Eizo is a company known for their high quality monitors and have just released the FlexScan SX3031W, a 30-inch monitor to compete with the 30-inch Apple, Dell, HP, Samsung and Gateway. It is claimed to reproduce 97% of the Adobe RGB color space which is cool. If memory serves (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) the Apple 30-inch can reproduce 96% of the Adobe RGB color space. Not much of a difference but a welcome feature.

One funny feature but was probably a freebee was the Eizo "Picture-By-Picture" feature. This allows two computers to use the one monitor so you get dual monitor from one 30-inch. I guess this is cool, but I personally prefer the lower price of the Apple and the firewire hub built in. All other specs seem to be virtually comperable. I'm sure they use the same LCD panel and the other difference is the backlight. The Eizo does give you a 5-year warranty compared to Apple's 1-year. But Considering the Apple is $1,799 vs the Eizo quoted $2,555, I'd take the Apple. Eizo could send me a test unit so I could compare against my Apple.

No comments: